Keep students engaged with this FUN, hands-on, puzzle-like, math activity. Use these activity sheets to reinforce order of operations. This set of print and go activity sheets can be used for homework, quick review sheet, independent math center work, remediation, morning work, and sub plans.
Math puzzles provide a twist on a traditional worksheet and are perfect math center activities. Students work through the problems beginning with the “start” question. Their answer to the question leads to the next problem they should solve. As they complete the problems, they cut and glue (in the printable version) or drag (in the digital version) their responses to the square puzzle slots on the right. When they are done, all of their answers should be linked if proper solutions were found.
This resource can be used with hybrid or limited movement in these ways:
- If teachers are teaching Full Virtual, they can use the digital version.
- If teachers are teaching Hybrid, students in person can work through the printable version, while students at home can work through the digital version. Students are completing the same assignment at the same time.
- If teachers are teaching In-Person Only, students can work through the printable version in shifts. Split the class into small groups and have only a few students completing the puzzles, while other students are working on other assignments.
This easy-to-use and low-prep highly engaged activity includes:
Printable Puzzles (included in this download)
- Order of Operations With and Without Parentheses With Two Operations (5.OA.1)
- Order of Operations With and Without Parentheses With Three Operations (5.OA.1)
- Order of Operations With Exponents, Parentheses, and Brackets (5.OA.1)
- ANSWER KEYS for all the above
Interested in purchasing more than one? I accept PO’s!
Feel free to contact me with any questions about this product!
Thanks for stopping by…
Just Simply Teach!